Sunday, March 18, 2012

Alexa Chung For Elle: The Accidental Stylist





At 26, her growing up has largely been done in public, but she's settled, secure. She's been with Alex Turner, lead singer of the Arctic Monkeys, bonafide rock star, for over two year. They seem like a contented couple - he turns up later to collect her, arriving on his own, polite and softly spoken, watching with hands in pockets as she poses for for the last shot then picking up her bags when it's time to go. He looks proud, as he might.

"In New York, everything is insanely work orientated. It's been a lesson - you can't come here and not work really, really hard. I haven't tried to 'break America' but I have learnt that I'm ambitious. It's just not focused. I want to be good at lots of things."





"I don't expect everyone to like me. It's just not realistic or how the world works. If someone I've never met is mean to me, it doesn't matter. But I cannot express how frustrating it is to not be believed when you say, 'I don't have an eating disorder.' I am naturally very thin. I get even thinner when I'm stressed. And you cannot imagine how stressed I was last year. It was really fucking hard work and I had to keep saying how great MTV was, how I was having the best time, while looking I was dying. Anyone could see I wasn't coping that well. But it angers me because I don't want to be a pin-up for young girls just for being thin. I don't want to be admired for being thin, as opposed to being being dressed well, and I don't want the two to get confused. It really upsets me. That's why I stopped using Twitter for a while beacause I was getting so much s*** about being anorexic. And I am not! I am genuinely not."

"I do sexy sometimes, but never slutty."



No comments:

Post a Comment