Friday, September 16, 2011

Chat With Freja Beha Erichsen

Talk about shock value. This season, Danish model Freja Beha Erichsen poses naked in Georg Jensen’s new global campaign, draped in jewels from the new Grape, Fusion and Regitze Gold collections. The brand is, after all, known for its minimalist aesthetic. In-between shoots and shows, Harper’s BAZAAR catches up with the beautiful model-of-the-moment …













Harper’s BAZAAR: You were born in Denmark. Tell us about your childhood.
Freja Beha Erichsen: “I was quite the tomboy who loved climbing trees and racing down the street on my bike.”

HB: Did you dream of becoming a model?
FBE: “I didn’t exactly dream of becoming a model, no, but when I was stopped in the street in Copenhagen, I was curious enough to give it a go.”

HB: You made your runway debut at the Prada and Miu Miu shows back in 2005. Was it daunting?
FBE: “I was feeling quite nervous as I'd never walked in heels before. I just put one foot in front of the other and made it without falling over in what seemed like massively high heels at the time.”

HB: What are your style staples?
FBE: “Jeans, big black boots, a T-shirt and a leather jacket.”

HB: Describe your style?
FBE: “Quite minimalist and simple, which is very Danish.”

HB: What was your favourite show from the spring 2011 collections?
FBE: “I loved the Chanel show; it was such a beautiful setting with the big Parisian garden in the Grand Palais and the orchestra. As always the collection was also very beautiful.”

HB: You’re the new face of Georg Jensen. What are your earliest memories of the brand?
FBE: “Growing up in Denmark, I have always had Georg Jensen around. It was the brand of cutlery in my childhood home and my Dad once gave me a Georg Jensen necklace for my birthday. I’ve always loved the minimalism of Danish design and I feel very close to the brand.”

HB: How do you relax?
FBE: “I listen to music, preferably in the countryside or on a beach.”

HB: What do you love most about modelling?
FBE: “The freedom it gives me. I love that I am able to travel and explore different parts of the world.”

(via http://www.harpersbazaar.com.au/chat-with-freja-beha-erichsen.htm )

No comments:

Post a Comment