Thursday, December 2, 2010

She Is A Beautiful Woman Outside And Inside


Freja Beha Erichsen (in) After Marc Jacobs SS 2011

So, I have posted a lot of photos of Freja and I have written 1 or 2 lines about what is going on, but I never really commented on her… It is very noticeable that I don’t see Freja as I would see some of the other models. So I figure I should write a few things.

Honestly, a year ago, I had seen her face in ad campaigns, but I was never curious in learning the name. And in the streets, I personally favor femininity. That is what will naturally catches my eyes. It is my aesthetics. So, Freja’s personal style does not capture me.

However, while I was around the tents for FW 10.11, it was the fans waiting outside for their “Freja” that got me intrigued. And also the constant whispers about her vegetarianism, I mean sexuality. But at the end of the week, it was how nice she was with her fans that won me over.

I don’t adore Freja the way I do with other models because the chemistry and attraction are different, but she is cool and I have much respect for her and her work as a model. I definitely see Freja becoming an icon. I believe she deserves all this success and more!

But I definitely do favor Freja because she is part of the LBGTQ. Because I am a queer man, I value Freja’s presence in the modeling world even though she has toned down on her sexual openness and never truly came out to the world and blatantly said that she was a vegetarian. Personally, I think it would be stupendous if Freja would completely and straightforwardly come out because it really would probably mean a lot to queer and future youth. However, when you do something like that, you instantly become a role model or poster child for the movement, and it gets invasive and troublesome. It is perfectly fine to not want to take on that role. And for all we know, Freja may like it both ways. It is all acceptable.

Regardless, she is a beautiful woman outside and inside. =)


(via http://blog.bonaelamour.com )

No comments:

Post a Comment