Sunday, December 12, 2010

Journal: VSFS Rehearsal













Like with NYFW, I will give you an account of the models that I was able to meet and capture in the light and style that is my signature. I will only share my pleasant encounters with the models who gave me an opportunity to get great intimate shots of them. =) And also some stories to make you smile, because it is these models mentioned below and how responsive they were that continue to encourage this little project (at least 5 years of models candids) and make me feel that it is worth undertaking until completion. I cannot thank these models enough for their kindness and grace. So, to show my appreciation, I have written some things about them.

Lindsay Ellingson was the first model to stop for me during VSFS crunch time. I really like Lindsay because she is so photogenic and at ease in front of my lenses. In addition, she is a sweetheart. I wanted to talk to her but I was so shy at the moment, and I have a feeling that she may also be shy…

Jessica Stam was a doll! She was very sweet and nice when we met. Her eyes are really amazing. I could not help photographing them over and over again! Very cool! And she kept on eyeing and smiling for me!

Lais Ribeiro is a shy girl. She is very beautiful, and I told her that, but she kept on insisting that she needed makeup to cover her face. Awww, she is so cute! But, Lais, really, you are naturally gorgeous!

Fabiana Semprebom is a really, really nice model. I am not kidding. Fabiana is very patient and understanding! I shot her during nightfall, and she stood around longer to make sure I got what I wanted. What a sweetheart! I love models who care about the photographer!

Liu Wen was as sweet as usual. She was trying to tell me to take care of myself by saying that it was cold. She is very caring. Always a special place in my heart for Liu!

Lily Donaldson rocks my socks! Walking in lingerie for Victoria’s Secret can add such a nice glow to a girl! She really came alive! As soon as she saw me, she smiled like there was no ending and was such a great darling! It was just magical photographing and talking to her! I have no other word to describe it!

Martha Streck is one of the biggest sweethearts in the modeling world! I am so glad she was casted! Martha is one of the kindest models to photographers. She is a true darling!

Julia Stegner is so nice! I could not help explode in excitement when I saw her! I mentioned that there were very beautiful pictures of her in my collection from September, and she remembered where it was from! Ahh, what a treat!

Jacquelyn Jablonski is always nice! I know I am using nice a lot, but there is just nothing better to describe her. We talked a little bit about how exciting it is that she is in the show. And she gave me one of the most beautiful smiles to photograph!

I cannot help but love Behati Prinsloo more and more after each time we meet. Security was trying to push her into the armory, but Behati stopped steadfast so I can photograph her beautiful smile. She made such great efforts for me! Love!

Erin Heartherton came out of her car, and instead of heading straight into rehearsal by the insistence of everyone, she graciously walked to the sidewalk and let me photograph her! I am so lucky!!!

Shannan Click is a cooool chick! She is a California girl! American-raised. American-bred. Man, we had an awesome and honest conversation about the modeling industry and commercial v. high fashion. Shannan is a smart model! I like her a lot after tonight! She impressed me!

Anja Rubik was truly nice because I saw so much kindness to me in her eyes when I was photographing! She is a sweetie!

Last, but not least, the girl that continues to make me blush and feel happy inside for the simplest of reasons. Constance Jablonski… I’m dazzled by her! I have said many times before that there is just something very special about her! When I talk to Constance, I just cannot help but be happy. She has such good positive aura!!! She is full of giggles, which is contagious because I become full of giggles every time I see her!

( via http://blog.bonaelamour.com/ )

No comments:

Post a Comment