Tuesday, October 19, 2010

New York Fashion Week SS 2011: Journal 7

Day 6 of NYFW had lots of ups and one down.

The down first to get it out the way. One of the guy hired to work street maintenance at the Lincoln Center is a complete asshole! He is this tall 6 feet Black guy who is just a complete bully. FYI: I’m a short 5 feet, 5 inches small Asian dude with glasses- Complete nerd I know! And he is just at least twice my size. There are some people in this world who when given a little responsibility, such as making sure the delivery trucks enter the side street correctly, thinks in their head that they are the greatest thing in the world and wants to use false authority to pick on others. Anyway, I have tried hard, but out of the blue on several random occasions, he has come up to yell at me and today threatened to take away my camera. Dude, I’m not a paparazzi nor am I around to tolerate bullshit from a nobody. In fact, he even tried to shove me into a fence but I fought back, and his superior came up to him to tell him to leave me alone. Nothing this guy is saying to me is of legal standard, but he thinks because I look young that I am naive. I might be small, but I know my rights and I’m no pushover to a bully. Now, there are other photographers there too of all races and sizes. I just happen to be the smallest, shortest, and youngest looking guy there. And because of this, this particular jackass targets me everyday because he thinks I don’t know the law and will be scared. Just imagine what would happen if he picks on someone his size or bigger… Anyway, I’m pretty aggravated by this guy because I do not like to be aggressive, especially in front of beautiful ladies. I think it is disrespectful to fight in front of any girl because it shows that you have no control over your temper or mannerisms. You have to be a bigger man than mean-spirited people. But to sum this guy up, I would like to quote Bobby, who said, “If a puppy was walking in the street, that guy would kick it.”

Another not quite up/down, but just a concern of mines is… I have been one of the only few photographers during NYFW who cares more about the models’ safety than just getting the perfect shot like a lot of the other photographers who would ask models to walk in the middle of a street of traffic when the green lights are on just to get a perfect stylish shot. Insane! Right? Yes, some of our runway queens have to deal with this shit. And of course, the models are not being paid for street shots, but most of them are just so nice and sweet enough to stop and pose for me. =)

To the GOOD. The models were wonderful as usual! Many of them have noticed my pictures and the blog and have also realized that I am the nice guy who is at fashion week to take beautiful candids of them for no monetary purposes or hidden perverted agenda. I simply just love being able to photograph the top girls in the industry and root for their careers. And I’m so dearly grateful that more and more girls are smiling and stopping for my camera. I do apologize to all the models that a lot of time when they stop for me, they also will get flashed by an entourage of my fellow photographers. =)

A lot happened today, but here are a few highlights… Abbey Lee Kershaw signed the picture I took of her after Oscar de la Renta F/W 10.11 for one of her biggest fans whose brother just passed away and mentioned she loved fyabbeyleekershaw. Freja Beha Erichsen was super nice as always, and she also mentioned that she loved fuckyeahfrejabeha. So all the 5000 people that officially follow that blog and the committee of Freja admins should be very proud. It was nice to hear that Patricia van der Vilet saw her F/W 10.11 photo. Vanessa Hegelmaier is still not feeling completely 100% but she is a trooper and always an absolute sweetheart. Continue to send her your kind thoughts and well wishes! Karmen Pedaru signed and told me she had already saw the first picture I took of her in F/W 10.11 that got me shooting models during fashion week. I was very happy to see Kat Hessen today because she called me her friend ever since our first meeting. And I got the most soulful shot of her ever! Then about Irina Kulikova, well Irina treats me too well that sometimes I just do not think I deserve so much love from her. She just amazes me everyday!

And last but not least, THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL THE FOLLOWERS OF THIS BLOG… The Fans… I feel your pain when you see that your favorite girls are not booking shows, campaigns, and editorials. And I totally share your hunger for more photos of these gorgeous models. That is why I am blogging so that every model gets at least one photo to be shared with the world! And I’m currently so busy right now to post on tfs, THANK YOU, THANK YOU so so kindly to all of those of you who have been re-posting my images on tfs so that the models can see their pictures because trust me they do all check! ;)

(via http://blog.bonaelamour.com/post/1124862057 )

No comments:

Post a Comment